In most cases, you can’t use your mobile network in your area. This is because mobile operators can only offer services in certain regions. There are various reasons why your mobile network is unavailable in your city; we’ll look at the main ones.
Did you know that your mobile network is not available in your city? That’s because your mobile carrier is not building a tower in your area.
You’re not alone if you are frustrated that your mobile carrier isn’t available in your area. However, there are two sides to this story.
The good news is that, unlike when you could only get a local phone line, you can now choose from various mobile networks.
There’s just one problem…
It seems that more and more people are getting their data usage restricted by mobile networks. This is mainly because people use their phones or tablets to access Wi-Fi. The problem is that these hotspots tend to be used for longer periods, which can cause interference in the network. It can also lead to slow network speeds.
What is mobile coverage?
Mobile Coverage is simply the quality and range of your mobile phone network. In most cases, coverage is determined by the presence of cell towers.
For example, your mobile network works fine in areas with good cell coverage. However, traveling outside those areas may experience “dropped calls” and “no coverage”.
This is due to a lack of towers in your area. Sometimes, this is because your carrier is not building a tower in your area. In other cases, it’s because your page is making one, but it’s taking too long.
What can you do if your mobile carrier isn’t building a tower in your area?
First, remember that there is no 100% mobile coverage. However, you can often expect to get at least 60% coverage.
For example, if you’re in an urban area with good cell coverage, then you should still be able to get a solid signal in most buildings.
Second, you can try to “workaround” the issue. For example, you can consider switching to VoIP services. This means that you’ll be using your smartphone as a telephone instead of your mobile carrier’s cellular service.
You can switch to another mobile network provider if you’re still unsatisfied with your carrier’s coverage. If you do this, you must find a provider that offers “coverage everywhere”.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can use the Wi-Fi calling feature on your phone. This feature lets you connect to your mobile network using your Wi-Fi hotspot.
How to find out if you have poor mobile coverage
To find out if you have poor mobile coverage, try one of the following methods:
- Check the local version of OpenSignal. OpenSignal is an app that provides detailed information on your mobile network’s signal strength, reliability, and speed.
- Ask your friends who live in the same area. You can ask them directly, or you can ask them via the web.
- Ask your friends who have an iPhone. They can tell you what networks are available for your location and what network they are using.
- Look at the coverage map. It shows you the coverage in your area. The coverage map is displayed when you click on a specific carrier’s logo.
- Check the network availability. You can check the network available on your mobile phone. You can also check the network public on the website.
- Check the Google Maps. You can check the Google Maps coverage by entering your address.
- Check the OpenSignal. You can check the OpenSignal coverage by entering your address.
- Check the Google My Business. You can check the Google My Business coverage by entering your address.
- Call your provider. You can choose another one if your provider offers a different service plan.
- You can buy a prepaid SIM card. Sign up for a prepaid SIM card. You can also buy a new SIM card for your current mobile carrier.
Is there a mobile network available in your city
Unfortunately, the fact is that there is no mobile network available in your city. There are several reasons why this is the case.
The first reason is that the market is already saturated. Mobile carriers are competing for the same customers. To compete effectively, pages must build a fast, reliable, cost-effective network.
The second reason is that mobile carriers are not interested in building a network in low-demand areas. This is because it is a losing business model.
If you live in a low-demand area, your carrier is unlikely to invest in expanding. Instead, they will focus on markets with high demand.
So, if you live in a rural area, you’re probably out of luck.
How to get your mobile network carrier to upgrade your network
Mobile carriers like Verizon and T-Mobile are constantly upgrading their networks. Most areas of the United States are covered by a 4G network or a 4G LTE network.
If you are lucky enough to be in a 4G area, you should see the “mobile network unavailable” message when you attempt to make a call.
However, if you live in a 3G area, you’ll likely only see the “mobile network unavailable” message after you attempt to send an SMS.
I have frequently asked questions about Mobile Networks.
Q: What should I know about mobile network coverage in Kenya?
A: Kenya has great mobile network coverage. You can make calls and send text messages using your mobile phone. If traveling in rural areas, you may have to bring a SIM card from home, but the service will work fine.
Q: How can I use my mobile phone while in Kenya?
Q: Can I make calls using a VoIP service?
A: Yes, if you buy a VoIP phone card. You can also use your smartphone to call from your hotel room. Many vendors are selling these cards.
Top Myths about Mobile Network
- It is impossible to send text messages from mobile phones.
- It is impossible to send and receive messages at the same time.
- It is impossible to send an email message from your phone.
There are many reasons why your mobile network may not be available in your city. Some result from a technical problem, the local provider causes some, and some simply because the market isn’t big enough.
Regardless of the cause, here are a few things you can do to get your phone network working again:
If the provider has a contact number on their website, you can call them to see if they’ll fix it.
If you’ve tried contacting the provider and they haven’t responded, I suggest you contact the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) to report the issue.